Keeping you informed
Please check this space for updates and information that will be useful to you while school is closed.
- Click on the links below to see the latest information on:
- Work being set by teachers for Years 9, 10, 11 and 13
- Clarification on predicted grades for Year 11s
- See our tips to help families cope while cooped up at home.
- We have sent a text to families linking to a letter outlining arrangements for assessing pupils who would have been taking exams this year. It also includes information on care for key worker children and what is being done to support pupils on free school meals. Click here to see the letter in full.
Teaching and Learning
- It is essential for pupils in Years 9 and 10 to complete all their work for core subjects and Pathway courses that will give them the essential skills and knowledge to help them prepare for exams in the future. Year 12s should also be completing work for their chosen subjects.
- Show My Homework have provided these tips when it comes to problems with submitting homework:
Ensure the student is logged in and not parents. Parents do not see the Submit button under their login.
Attachments should be no larger than 25 MB.
Due to the amount of internet traffic, documents may take longer to send and it may take a few seconds before the confirmation message is shown. Users may not see if they log out too quickly.
Additional Show My Homework advice:
- For Parents: https://help.teamsatchel.com/en/collections/1695420-parents
- For Students: https://help.teamsatchel.com/en/collections/1695417-students
- Congratulations from English teacher Ms Fletcher to year 7s, who have been reading about key survival techniques needed if stranded in the wild. They’ve turned this information into a story. A special mention goes to Zain for his vivid description of surviving after a plane crash.
- A big well done from Head of Music, Mr Keil, to: Amiyah Hussain, Ren-Nell Symphorien, Raunaq Ali, Nayema Haque, Thomas Parkes, Mariya Begum in Year 7 and Aysha Begum, Taybah Ahmed, Adeeba Nusrat Hossain, Tanisha Taher in Year 8; for their excellent results in the Music Theory homework (all scoring 85% or above!)
Update on Coronavirus (COVID - 19)
What you need to do:
- Only go outside for food, health reasons or essential work
- Stay 2 metres (6ft) away from other peopls
- Wash your hands as soon as you get home
Anyone can spread the virus. See full government guidance
The single most important action we can all take, in fighting coronavirus, is to stay at home in order to protect the NHS and save lives.
When day-to-day contact with other people is reduced, we will reduce the spread of the infection. That is why the government introduced its new measures yesterday (23 March 2020).
Wishing everyone the very best.