- Sam Whitehead, Careers Lead and Partnership & Progression Coordinator
- Anisa Begum, Careers Administrator
All students at Morpeth will receive an ambitious and aspirational careers education, and leave school equipped with the knowledge and skills necessary to make informed and open-minded decisions about the paths they take now and in the future.
We offer students a wide range of learning opportunities and experiences to support their careers education, working closely with a broad spectrum of employers and specialists to deliver our careers programme both in and outside of school.
The school’s careers programme delivers careers guidance for pupils from Year 7 to Year 13 in accordance with section 42A of the Education Act 1997 and the Gatsby benchmarks.
We have access to a wide range of materials to support key transitional stages of a young person’s journey. We recommend that students regularly check the following websites for further information about careers:
- Start Careers Information for London
- Find an apprenticeship
- Tower Hamlets Young WorkPath
- My Skills My Future
- My Learning My Future
- Tower Hamlets volunteering opportunities
- Subject careers posters Unifrog
We recognise the important role of families when it comes to helping students navigate careers choice and are keen to provide access to careers newsletters, events, labour market information and careers plans. We recommend that families regularly check the following websites for information about the local labour market and post-16 / post-18 careers choices:
- If you are a local employer or business looking to access careers support for the school, please contact our Careers Lead, Sam Whitehead on email@example.com, Telephone 0208 981 0921.
We recommend that employers take a look at the Employer Standards on the Careers and Enterprise Company webpage: https://www.careersandenterprise.co.uk/employers/
Teachers also have access to careers resources, labour market information and the school’s careers plan, to support them in their work with pupils.
Click on the following link to view our Careers guidance and advice policy: