Supporting your child with learning
The completion of homework is an essential part of our pupils’ learning at Morpeth.
Homework is an opportunity to review, revise or prepare for the work covered in class and is a means of exploring the different aspects of the curriculum in pupils’ own time, at their own pace and at a level appropriate to the ability of each pupil.
Through the completion of different tasks and activities the aim is that pupils will develop self- reliance, and gain experience in working on their own. They will therefore become more independent, autonomous learners and gain confidence in applying knowledge. The completion of homework provides the possibility of increasing the learning time of our pupils, helping to raise their achievement.
Helping your child with revision:
- A podcast about how learning happens: Retrieval Practice: A guide for parents, carers & families, by teacher Kate Jones.
- Year 7 Parent Information Evening slides
- Year 7 Parent Information Evening Q&A
- Year 8 Parent Information Evening slides
- Year 10 Parent Information Evening slides
- Year 11 Parent Information Evening slides
- Year 11 Parent Information Evening Q&A
- Year 12 Parent Information Evening slides
- Year 13 Parent Information Evening slides