Keeping Our Community Safe
Please note that visitors to the school site are permitted by appointment only, and only when the visit is essential.
If you are visiting our school, please make sure that:
- You sign in on arrival
- You wash and/or sanitise your hands when you arrive and as necessary during your visit
- You carry a mask or face covering and wear it as required
- You maintain a safe distance (at least 1 metre + from other people at all times)
- You submit the information required by us for Track and Trace purposes
We have comprehensive processes in place to keep our community safe. Further details are available on request, but key points include:
- We have developed a clear protocol and provision in the event of a member of staff or pupil presenting with COVID-19 symptoms while at school. This includes clearly defined safe areas for isolation until an individual can safely travel home and a thorough internal track and trace procedure.
- We have put in place enhanced handwashing facilities. This includes the installation of additional external sink units, and the installation of hand gel dispensers at all key points around the site.
- We will provide tissues and sanitising equipment for all rooms.
- Masks are currently optional for staff and students.
- We have put in place a comprehensive communications plan, delivered through posters across the site and verbal reminders from staff, to ensure good hand and respiratory hygiene.
- We have significantly enhanced cleaning provision. All our cleaning personnel have received specific training on cleaning for Covid-19.
- Our students have been grouped in “bubbles”, to help minimise any unnecessary contact and enable us to track any close contacts quickly if need arises. Year group badges are displayed on blazers to ensure ‘bubbles’ are easily identifiable.
- We are enforcing social distancing: verbal reminders and posters are reiterating the messaging, classrooms and dining rooms have been laid out to minimise face to face contact, and physical reminders such as barriers and line markings are in place to minimise inadvertent contact.
- Internal meetings and training sessions are held virtually or in a venue large enough to enable social distancing in order to minimise contact between staff.
How You Can Help Us:
Limiting the spread of infection is everyone’s responsibility. You can help us to keep our community safe by:
- Washing your hands frequently, with soap and water following the statutory guidance.
- Using tissues whenever you need to cough or sneeze, disposing safely of your used tissues and washing your hands immediately.
- Staying at least 2m apart from other people, and encouraging your children to do the same.
- Staying away from school if you have symptoms, have tested positive for Covid-19, or have been in close contact with a confirmed case and taking into consideration that of your child also staying away from school if they need to self isolate in line with Government guidance.
- Respecting and supporting all of the safety measures that we have put in place.
If you have any questions about health and safety, and especially as it relates to the controls we have put in place to minimise the risk from Covid-19, please do not hesitate to contact Ms Jackie Frost, School Bursar.